Internally and externally our bodies can see big benefits from the use of our greatest natural resource. It seems like we’ve all heard enough about drinking water and staying hydrated, but unfortunately the healthy choice isn’t always our first. Here are a few benefits of drinking enough water on a daily basis to help stay motivated:
- A hydrated mind is more focused and alert, which is no surprise since the human brain is 90% H2O.
- When a body is fully hydrated, it’s less hungry and has a higher metabolism. Consistent dehydration can account for up at 8 pounds of weight gain per yer.
- Proper hydration promotes good circulation, allowing fuel in and toxins out of each cell more frequently. The results: clearer skin and increased energy! The human body is its own high end detox program, all it needs is enough water to work at its best.
- Headaches, cramps, and spasms can all be relieved or even prevented with increased water intake.
Tips to Increase Your Daily Water Intake
- Begin each morning with a tall glass of water before you do anything. There are so many benefits to this trick — from a quicker wake up to curbing cravings later in the day. Include a squeeze of lemon and you can count an immune boost, digestive aid, and mood enhancement as added benefits.
- If you really don’t like drinking water, try adding a tea bag, citrus juice, pieces of fruit, or cucumber slices to entice you. Just try to add very little, or ideally no sugar to the mix.
- Have a jug, cup, or bottle that allows you to keep track of how much water you’re consuming in a day. Although recommendations on how much one should drink per day vary, 2-3 litres per day is the consistent ball park. It will all depend on your lifestyle from exercise to calorie intake. A good measure is actually your urine; aim for it to be mostly clear and keep drinking until it is. And remember: if you’re feeling thirsty, you’re dehydrated already so drink up asap.